Value of Trusts and Seg Fund Products
Meet Justin Ezekiel; Sunlife’s tax specialist, who provides advisors with tax, estate and retirement planning support
Flexibility of Trusts & common avenues in which they provide value to individuals and business owners
Seg funds used as a viable alternative in certain situations
• Learn how to optimize your clients estate value with this unique concept
• Funds can pass tax free directly to beneficiaries out-side of their estate
• Guaranteed Life Protect product review
• Introduction to SLI
• Product Lineup Review
• How to offer Life and CI to the “Hard to Insure” market
• 2 CE Credits
Canadian retail RI mutual fund assets increased from $8.26 billion to $11.07 billion (34%) over 2 years (2015 to 2017), and RI represents 50.6% of Canada's investment industry.1
Join us for a presentation with Impax Asset Management, portfolio manager of the Desjardins SocieTerra Cleantech Fund, and learn how integrating this fund into your practice will allow you to complement your current offer while distinguishing yourself from your peers.
Full service ETF provider (Smart beta, active, newly launched; passive, Multi-asset ETF portfolio)
Lowest cost passive ETFs and 2 unique to Canada
New actively managed ETF portfolios; Conservative Income, Core, and Growth (access to active management at a low cost)
Cascading life insurance: Synopsis: Approximately $1 trillion in
personal wealth will be transferred from one generation to the next
in Canada over the next decade. This means that many of your
prospective and existing clients will be looking for tax-efficient
strategies to pass their wealth to the next generation. For over 140
years, Foresters Financial has been helping Canadian families
reach their financial goals. This special session will provide a review
of the popular Cascading Insurance Concept and reveal the
added benefits of using Foresters whole life products to help your
clients transfer wealth between generations. You’ll learn practical
strategies that you can start using right away to help grow your
Topics: Investment income Opportunities
• Seg Fund Sales Ideas
• GLWB product
Introduction of attendees:
Explanation of BMO’s partnership with LifePlan
What a referral looks like: (to include) Looking after your
clients, communication, non-solicitation clause and compensation.
Genworth topics: The importance of the Millennial vote, Vacancy/
Speculation Tax need to knows.
Q & A time and hopefully we will have a couple live examples
to discuss with the group.
Please join Julius Ho from Assumption on, Wednesday, from 10:00 am to 11:00 am at the LifePlan Boardroom.
• Bundling with Assumption: Bundling life & living benefits.
• SmartSeries—Offer the simplicity of a complete portfolio in a single fund that automatically adjusts the asset allocation.
• ExamOne Services
• Paramedical Process
• Laboratory Testing
• Online Lab Results
• 1 CE Credit
Capital markets– Reasons for recent market volatility.
The equity market segment will include commentary on Trump’s trade war and the protectionism theme from the U.S., and general macro-economic themes
The fixed-income segment will include commentary on the rising yield environment
Are they Headwinds or Opportunities?
Technology & regulatory changes– how they can be opportunities, not threats.
Impacts to the industry in terms of pricing & distribution.
The role demographics is playing as well as the fears & challenges of Canadians and the needs resulting.
Do you have clients who are incorporated professionals or business owners earning $100 000 plus a year?
Are they looking to reduce taxes, shelter more income, and have flexibility?
Actuarial firm INTEGRIS provides turn-key application and pension administration. Learn the IPP/PPP benefits and tax savings which attract high end clients to you.
Referral income long term to advisers through Accilent Capital portfolio management.
TD Asset Management:
- Prospecting & landing the deal– ideas and strategies to find and obtain new clients to build your business.
- Women in Investing– What are women looking for in an advisor and why this is important.
- TD Global Equity Focused Fund– Launching Sept 13th. This fund strives to capture attractive investment opportunities from around the world to help deliver quality risk adjusted returns.
Topic: RBC Insurance Products – Overview of
Disability Insurance/Concepts & Discount and
• RBC Disability Products
• Overview of DI concepts (Wage loss replacement plan/
• Your Term Life Coverage
• Customize the Term length from 10 – 40 years